A lot of men and women wonder how to arouse a man with low testosterone. It’s often assumed that men with low T can’t get aroused easily at all. While there’s some truth to this – testosterone plays a pretty big factor in a man’s ability to get aroused – it’s not the only factor.
In fact, there are a lot of issues that can lead to low libido and disinterest in sex that have nothing to do with testosterone at all. Which means, on the flipside, there are plenty of ways to increase a man’s libido that don’t necessarily relate to testosterone.
Of course, if you’re a man struggling with low libido or low testosterone, then it’d probably help to get your hormones balanced out. This can be done in a number of ways. Exercising, taking herbal supplements, changing your diet, and making certain lifestyle changes can all help to fight low libido in men.
In this article, we’re going to talk about the best ways to arouse a man with low testosterone.
We will also prove to you that men with low testosterone don’t need to run to the doctor and seek medications like Viagra. There are many ways for a man with low testosterone to boost his libido and his sexual performance in general.
Table of Contents:
- Links between testosterone and libido (does testosterone increase libido?)
- Testosterone and erectile dysfunction
- How to increase sex drive in a man with low testosterone
Links between testosterone and libido (does testosterone increase libido?)
It’s widely acknowledged that testosterone and libido go hand-in-hand. However, a lot of things that are accepted as truth turn out to be nothing more than wives’ tales. Is the same true for the link between testosterone and libido?
The first thing that you need to be aware of is that testosterone is certainly not the only fuel for male libido. However, low testosterone levels can make it difficult for men to fully enjoy having sex. Decreased testosterone levels can lead to issues like low libido and, in some cases, lead to issues like erectile dysfunction.
This difficulty is further expounded by the fact that it’s pretty much impossible to have a generalized definition as to what a ‘normal’ sex drive is. What one man considers to be a normal libido might be considered low or high by another man.
In fact, researchers aren’t even entirely aware of why testosterone affects libido at all. However, there are a number of other symptoms often associated with low testosterone. If you’re worried about whether or not your low libido is caused by low testosterone, ask yourself if you struggle with any of these other symptoms.
- Decreased motivation and ability to perform in everyday tasks
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as insomnia or excessive sleep
- Changes in body type: increased body fat, reduced muscle, difficulty maintaining muscle mass
- Emotional changes, irritability, sporadic emotional outbursts
If you’re noticing any of these issues in addition to your low libido, then there’s a good reason to suspect that testosterone might be the cause.
Testosterone and erectile dysfunction
Even if you’ve figured out that you’re suffering from low testosterone, that might not be the cause of your ED. In fact, research has shown that low testosterone on its own is rarely enough to cause erectile dysfunction. There are often other things involved.
Things that are more likely to cause ED include:
- Atherosclerosis, which is a hardening of the arteries often caused by cholesterol building up and oxidizing in the artery walls. This makes it hard for blood to flow throughout the body, which then makes it hard to get an erection.
- Anything that causes high blood pressure can make it hard to get an erection. There are lots of things that can contribute to hypotension (high blood pressure), such as:
- Diabetes and obesity can both put pressure on the blood vessels, leading to high blood pressure
- Smoking and drinking alcohol or doing drugs (prescription or otherwise) can lead to high blood pressure problems
- High cholesterol can lead to elevated blood pressure
- There are also a number of psychological issues that can lead to erectile dysfunction. Problems like anxiety, depression, and self-confidence issues can all contribute to erectile dysfunction.
Performance anxieties and insecurities are particular culprits. When a man is afraid that he won’t be able to perform well for his partner, he may develop erectile dysfunction as a result. This ultimately prevents him from being able to perform at all, thus preventing him from being able to perform ‘badly.’
How to increase sex drive in a man with low testosterone
Erectile dysfunction might not always be caused by low T, but low T can certainly lead to a decreased sex drive.
There are lots of ways to increase a man’s sex drive, whether or not that cause is low testosterone. In the following section, we’ll address some things that can make it easier for men with low T to build up their sex drive.
Health and lifestyle changes
The first and most important thing that you’re going to want to do if you have low libido or low T is looking at your lifestyle. People generally have healthy levels of their hormones. If they don’t, that usually means something in their lifestyle is not quite right.
Do you drink a lot? Smoke? Do you get enough exercise and sleep? Do you eat healthy? These are things to consider for anyone who wants to make sure that they have healthy testosterone levels and high libido.
Keep Your Weight In Check
Being obese is pretty unhealthy for a person’s libido. There are a number of reasons that this could be the case. Researchers aren’t sure about the exact reason, but what’s certain is that men with low amounts of abdominal fat tend to have higher levels of sexual desire.
Obesity can also lead to erectile problems. Being obese puts pressure on your blood vessels and makes it harder for your body to pump blood to your various organs – including your penis. Losing weight can help eliminate this problem.
Your body relies on a varied intake of different nutrients to function properly. The vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients that we get from our diet all help our body operate at an ideal level.
Nutrients that are particularly important for sexual health, libido, and T levels include:
- B vitamins, which are important for blood circulation and energy metabolism.
- Zinc, which is involved in the production of testosterone and maintenance of sexual health.
- Magnesium, which helps to relax the blood vessels and makes it easier for men to get an erection.
Foods that increase libido would, thus, be high in these nutrients. Pomegranates, oysters, and nuts and seeds are all great for helping to fight low libido in men. Consider adopting a T-boosting diet.
Pretty much every psychoactive drug can influence your libido. Regular and excessive use of drugs tends to have a negative impact on your libido.
When we say drugs, we mean all kinds of drugs: even prescription drugs. While it’s not a good idea to simply stop taking prescription drugs, you should also be aware that many of them can contribute to erectile dysfunction.
Any kind of psychoactive drug – anxiolytics, antidepressants, stimulants, painkillers – can all have an influence on your sexual health. Drugs that affect blood pressure can make it harder to get an erection. Your best option is to talk to your doctor.
Exercise to Boost Your Libido
A number of exercises have actually been proven to help boost libido. Some of the most important and effective exercises are:
- Strength training.
Cardio exercise may be useful for helping to improve cardiovascular health to make it easier to get an erection, but strength training is more likely to boost testosterone and therefore boost libido.
- Kegel exercises.
These will strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and can be fantastic for boosting erectile strength and ejaculation control in men. They may also help to boost libido.
The idea that yoga can help with sexual health isn’t some wishy-washy New Age ideas. Ayurvedic practitioners have been using yoga to help enhance sexual control, fight premature ejaculation, and help to enhance libido without the use of pharmaceuticals for many years.
- Swimming and walking are both forms of exercise that help gets the blood flowing throughout the body. Healthy blood flow means healthy erections!
Build better intimacy with your partner
While it’s generally assumed that women are more interested in intimacy than men, this isn’t necessarily the case. Many men find that they become sexually uninterested in their partner when they lack an intimate connection. Unfortunately, since the topic of male intimacy is rarely discussed, many men are often unaware of this.
Intimacy is hugely important, especially in long-term relationships. Sure, your partner might be hot, but if you’re not intimately connected with them, eventually you’re going to get bored. This boredom can show up in many fashions, disguising itself as low libido, erectile dysfunction, etc.
So, one of the best ways to get over your low libido is to build better intimacy with your partner. There are lots of ways to do this.
- Be more expressive of your love. Some guys find this easy. A lot of guys don’t. Be comfortable expressing your love for your partner. You’ll probably find that this makes it easier for your partner to express their love.
Expressing your love doesn’t mean signing a marriage paper, or wearing a ring. It also doesn’t mean buying dinner for your partner every time you feel like you want them to know that you love them. It means making the time to authentically connect with your partner, putting away distractions when you’re together, and going out of your way to do things that are genuinely nice for them.
- Be playful. Dead-serious relationships are pretty boring, and it’s easy to lose the spark. Make sure to have fun with your partner. Laugh a lot, be playful, and tease them.
- Get down to the emotional nitty-gritty. Sadly, in a lot of relationships, neither partner really knows how the other one feels. Take the time to have intimate, emotional conversations to express your feelings. During these conversations, try to use a lot of “I” statements: for example, “I feel…” or “I like when…” and you’ll be surprised how much more productive – and intimate – your connection will become.
If none of these ideas are working, there are some other tips on how to arouse a man with low testosterone.
One thing that could really help is seeing a therapist. Chances are, you read that and recoiled. Therapy has a bit of a stigma attached to it. However, just because people are afraid or judgmental doesn’t mean that therapy’s a bad idea.
The worst thing that could happen if you seek therapy is nothing at all. However, more likely you will be able to uncover the psychological root of your erectile dysfunction. By working through things like anxiety, depression, and other underlying problems, you can get rid of issues like ED.
More importantly, if you attend therapy with your partner, the two of you will be able to improve your relationship. Even if there’s nothing wrong with your relationship, a therapist can help the two of you learn to communicate better and be even more intimate than you already are!
Low libido in men can be a problem for both the man and his partner. Fortunately, there are a number of tips and tricks on how to arouse a man with low testosterone. Hopefully, this article has helped you to understand the link between testosterone and libido.