For most men, taking care of their penis mostly means making sure that they get to use it a lot.
However, there’s a lot more to taking care of your penis than simply having sex on a regular basis. In fact, taking care of the health of your penis should be something you make sure to do before even considering having sex.
If you don’t take care of your penis, then you might end up being unable to have sex in the future. Improper penis health can lead to sexual issues like premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. A host of other problems, like bladder infections and prostate issues, can also occur if you don’t make sure to take good care of your penis health.
In this article, we’re going to talk about some of the issues that can arise if you don’t take good care of your penis. We’ll also talk about what you can do to keep your penis in good shape so that you can perform well and enjoy long-lasting sex.
Table of Contents
Many men get concerned when they notice that they have an issue like premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction. In addition to being a barrier that can prevent them from enjoying sex with their partners, there are other penis health conditions that may or may not impair your ability to perform.
Some penis health care problems don’t lead to ejaculation issues, but they can affect the appearance of your penis. Some issues can be painful. If you are wondering what sort of issues can affect your penis health, here are some of the most common.
- Erectile dysfunction. As you probably know, ED is a condition that makes it hard for a man to get or keep an erection.
- Ejaculation issues can be any issue that causes a man to ejaculate too slowly, too quickly, or to be unable to ejaculate at all. Painful or reduced volume in ejaculation may be a sign of some other condition.
- Anorgasmia is a condition in which a person can’t orgasm whatsoever.
- Sexually transmitted diseases and infections like warts, herpes, syphilis, and other problems can lead to many issues. These can change the shape and texture of the penis, cause pain, and lead to bumps or other disfiguration.
- Peyronie’s disease, a condition that causes the buildup of scar tissue inside the penis.
- Priapism, a painful and long-lasting erection that won’t go away
- Phimosis and paraphimosis, two conditions that affect the movement of the foreskin and can cause pain or swelling
A number of issues can make you more likely to develop penis health problems at some point during your life. Some of these risk factors include:
- Cardiovascular problems and heart diseases. Any issue that leads to high blood pressure or elevated cholesterol can affect penis health.
- Drugs and medications can lead to the development of premature ejaculation or ED. Smoking and drinking are included in this.
- Mental health problems, like anxiety and depression, can contribute to the development of penile health problems such as ED and premature ejaculation.
- Age can have an influence on penile health.
- Hormonal imbalances, especially those associated with old age or puberty, can lead to changes in penis health.
- Unprotected sex can make both men and women much more liable to develop sexual health problems.
If you think you are struggling with some sort of penile health problem, then don’t hesitate to see your doctor. This is especially true if you are experiencing pain, swelling, discomfort, or other discomforts in your genital area. This could be a sign of a more serious problem.
Penis health care doesn’t have to be difficult. It’s much the same as keeping any part of your body healthy.
Make sure you keep your penis clean, making sure to wash it frequently. Ensure that you clean under your foreskin. Avoid abusing your penis through excessive masturbation or ejaculation, and make sure that you use protection when you are having sex – especially with a new partner.
Follow these penis health tips and you’ll be sure to keep your penis in good shape.
Practice good hygiene
As mentioned, make sure that you keep your penis clean and wash it frequently, especially after you have sex. “Clean the pipes” by urinating after you ejaculate.
Stay fit and exercise
Make sure that you get a lot of exercise. Regular exercise keeps your heart in good shape, which means that it will be able to easily pump blood to your penis. This can prevent you from getting ED.
Frequent sex helps avoid erectile dysfunction
Having sex – or, more importantly, getting an erection – ensures that the tissues in your penis receive an adequate flow of oxygen. This means that you’ll be able to keep getting erections easily.
Be sexually responsible
Make sure that you use condoms when you are sleeping with new partners, or make sure to only have sex with a single partner who can prove that they don’t have any STIs or STDs.
Our body requires many nutrients to stay healthy and functional. Eat a good diet rich in fruits and vegetables to ensure that you stay in good sexual health.
Being overweight can cause high blood pressure and make it harder to get an erection.
Drink a lot of water
Staying hydrated ensures that you have good blood flow, which makes it easier to get an erection.
Avoid coffee and alcohol
Both coffee and alcohol can lead to high blood pressure, which can contribute to ED. Alcohol can also make it very hard to get an erection after a few drinks.
Regular smoking can mess up your cardiovascular health and lead to numerous issues, including erectile dysfunction.
Be careful with medications
Lots of medications are known to lead to blood pressure problems and changes in hormones and libido. This can affect the health of your penis.
There are lots of interesting things about your penis that you might not know. Here are a few of the most important.
Your penis is longer than you think
Many men often overstate the length of their penis, and as such, most dudes tend to think that they fall a bit short of the average penis length. Fortunately, non-biased research has revealed that the average penis length is not long at all and that most men have no reason to worry.
View this post on Instagram
Michael Caine starring as Nigel Powers said it best in the movie Goldmember. And if he were here now, he'd also WARN you of Jelqing. Jelqing is the physical act of stretching your penis with 20 minute sessions of slowly pulling from the base of the shaft to the end of the penis. The goal is to create mirco tears and more room for blood so your penis becomes larger. The Mayo Clinic, a highly regarded medical organization states, “Although this technique appears safer than other methods [of penile enlargement], there’s no scientific proof it works, and it can lead to scar formation, pain and disfigurement.” Not only is it not about the size, its about safety too! For more information, visit https://www.issm.info/sexual-health-qa/what-is-jelqing-does-it-work/?ref_condition=penis-enlargement . . . . #menshealth #love #penis #bigdick #love #losangeles #orangecounty #lasaramedicalgroup #erectiledysfunction #penishealth #thetruth
The penis length when flaccid does not matter
Just because your penis looks short when it’s flaccid doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s going to stay short when you have an erection. Conversely, men who have large flaccid penis length may not actually have that much larger of erection size. In fact, shorter flaccid penises tend to gain much more length when they become erect than larger flaccid penises.
Penis sensitivity declines with age
While it’s not easy to measure the exact rate at which sensitivity declines, there’s no doubt that the penis tends to get less sensitive as time goes on. This means that men struggling with premature ejaculation may not need to worry about it as much in a few years.
Should you get circumcised?
There is a great debate about whether or not men should get circumcised. This debate is heated up by the fact that circumcision is, originally, an entirely religious idea – coupled with the fact that most men have no choice regarding whether or not they get circumcised since it happens shortly after birth.
Still, there is some science that supports the idea of circumcision. While it is possible to get circumcised later in life, it’s generally not recommended since the procedure is a lot more complicated.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the benefits of being circumcised outweigh the risks – however, they don’t say that it’s necessary or even recommended for all boys to get circumcised. Some of the benefits include:
- Infants who have a tight foreskin that is unable to easily pullback should be circumcised, as this will prevent them from developing penile health conditions later in life.
- Circumcision can lower the risk of getting STIs and STDs. Circumcised men are also less likely to get urinary tract infections or to develop penile cancer.
- Circumcised penises are easier to clean and tend to smell less.
While these benefits may seem attractive, it’s important to note that there are no real risks to not being circumcised.
One way that you can ensure the good health of your penis is by using a penis health creme. If you’re getting a penis health creme, make sure that you get one made using all-natural ingredients – you don’t want anything synthetic touching your important parts!
Good ingredients to look for in a penis health creme are similar to those found in regular body lotions and skin creams:
- Vitamin E is one of the most important overall nutrients for skin health
- Vitamin A keeps the skin smooth and free from blemishes
- Vitamin B5 helps to improve circulation and erectile health
- Ingredients like aloe vera and shea butter, which help to moisturize naturally
Some of the benefits of penis health creme include:
- Keeping the skin of your penis moist and preventing dry skin.
- Eliminating raw, red skin, especially that which might arise after heavy masturbation or sex. (It’s important not to use most cremes if you have actually chafed your penis to the point of bleeding).
- Penis health creme can also reduce the rate of getting friction-related injuries by ensuring that the penis stays moist.
- Helping to eliminate acne on or around the penis, as well as ingrown hairs.
It’s incredibly important to take care of the health of your penis. Following the tips in this article will help you avoid developing penile problems like ED, premature ejaculation, or STIs. Using a penis health creme can also help you keep your penis from getting dry or injured.