Male sexual performance enhancers are something of a wild card considering the lack of research on the subject.
Aside from that, there’s also the problem of what male sexual performance enhancers exactly are, because these could include pills like Viagra, topical creams and many other. The consensus amongst medical practitioners is that these are more likely to be harmful than beneficial.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t improve your sexual performance, as there are also natural supplements out there that you can use to enhance your sexual performance.
As such, this blog will explore the effectiveness of sexual performance enhancers and will discuss natural alternatives. You might want to read this when considering male sex performance enhancers!
- What does sexual performance mean?
- What do male sexual performance enhancers do?
- Are there any natural sexual performance enhancers?
It’s difficult describing what sexual performance actually means because there are so many factors that can determine sexual performance.
As a standard, sexual performance could be defined as the ability to consistently create pleasurable sexual experiences for oneself and your partners. As such, there are three basic factors that can determine sexual performance:
According to research, the average man climaxes in 6 minutes, while the time for women is an average of 20 minutes.
For many men, premature ejaculation presents a major challenge where they have an orgasm too soon to actually create a mutually pleasurable experience for their partners. It’s possible to say that someone doesn’t perform well sexually because they don’t last long enough in bed.
This is one of the more common forms of erectile dysfunction where men either can’t get an erection or can’t maintain one for long enough to enjoy a wholesome sexual experience.
Maintaining an erection is essential to have enjoyable sexual experiences and also to conceive. Considering these factors, staying hard is also one of the factors that determine sexual performance.
Having Enough Energy
Sometimes men can’t keep up with the rigor of sexual intercourse because they either get winded too soon or just don’t have the energy to keep on going.
Since this also compromises the pleasure shared between two people during sex, it’s also considered a major determinant of sexual performance.
Male sexual performance enhancers are marketed to affect the three mentioned determinants of sexual performance. These will either claim to affect all three or one of these, often making guarantees of their effectiveness.
These claims are rarely ever backed by clinical research and there is very little evidence that these work.
On top of all that, these usually come with a wide range of side-effects that include hormonal imbalances, blood pressure problems and in rare cases, death.
Considering the role of blood pressure and circulation in the formation of an erection, these sexual performance enhancers manipulate these internal physical forces often to inflict much damage.
Pharmaceutical sexual performance enhancers (like Viagra, for example), are only prescribed in the most desperate of circumstances, once all other treatments for ED have been exhausted.
This decision is made based on a wide range of considerations, the most important of which is whether these will cause more damage than good.
There is no way that an inorganic, artificially manufactured pill could ever not be damaging to people.
It’s just that sometimes the erectile dysfunction or lacklustre sexual performance is too damaging to the patient’s life that their doctors are willing to prescribe something like Viagra for their ED or other sexual dysfunctions.
Physicians are especially careful about prescribing Viagra also because of the various side-effects of the drug, which include:
- Fatally low blood pressure.
- Might cause death in people who have had a stroke, heart attack or arrhythmia in the past 6 months.
- Patients with any blood pressure problems.
- People who have suffered cardiac failure or angina.
- It could cause prolonged erections for up to 4 hours.
- Sudden blindness in both eyes.
- Sudden loss of hearing.
It’s entirely possible to enhance your sexual performance without going down the medication route. In fact, most physicians will also suggest lifestyle and dietary changes before they prescribe Viagra because they want to exhaust all other options before taking such a drastic step.
There are plenty of natural sexual performance enhancers that you can try out, which include:
- Changes In Your Mindset
- There is a major agreement across groups of medical experts who say that most sexual dysfunction is caused by psychological factors.
- Premature ejaculation, in particular, is said to be psychological, because research hasn’t unearthed any physical causes for the condition. It’s the same case with erectile dysfunction where a majority of the cases are caused by performance anxiety.
- To put some things in perspective, about 39% of all men have experienced premature ejaculation and none of these has suffered because of a biological cause.
- Similarly, most cases of erectile dysfunction are put down to psychological factors like bad quality of life, anxiety, guilt, and similar other non-biological reasons.
- If you have ever faced erectile dysfunction or currently going through it right now, then it’s very likely that your condition is being caused by underlying stress or pressure.
- Try having a conversation with your significant other or maybe seek out professional help to see if there are some underlying stress factors which are causing your ED or particularly, premature ejaculation.
- These steps can go a long way in helping you develop wholesome and mutually pleasurable relationships.
Considering the role of a healthy lifestyle in keeping you physically and emotionally well, some minor changes to your lifestyle can go a long way in helping you overcome any sexual performance shortcomings. These changes include:
Eating foods that can help improve your cardiovascular health is the first line of attack against erectile dysfunction. Since the condition is often pinned down to circulation problems, there are multiple examples of food additions that can help with your erectile dysfunction. These include:
- Dark Chocolate
- Citrus Fruits
- Horny Goat Weed
In addition to improving blood circulation in the body and reducing the risk of developing medical conditions that cause ED, these are also high energy foods which will give you that extra push to create mutually pleasurable sexual experiences.
Getting More Exercise
Exercise is also essential to maintaining cardiovascular health as well as preventing conditions which may compromise your CVD system and ensuring its health. People who exercise are less likely to develop heart conditions, diabetes, obesity, and erectile dysfunction. This exercise can also help reduce stress.
Making aerobic activity a major part of your daily routines is a great way to make sure that you stay physically fit and ensures better sexual performance.
Male Extra Is A Natural Sexual Performance Enhancer
For those looking for that extra push, Male Extra is also a great natural sexual performance enhancer. Made with L-Arginine HCL and Pomegranate juice with 40% ellagic acid, it boosts the amount of nitrogen oxide in the body which allows for greater blood flow into the penis.
In addition to increasing blood flow to the penis, it also gives you that extra boost of energy that you need to keep you going for longer periods of time when you’re having sex with your partners. As such, it is one of the most effective sexual performance enhancers in the market without any side-effects.
Many of the pharmaceutical male sexual performance enhancers are based on false marketing and are often detrimental to your overall health. The list of side-effects is much more likely to give you medical problems like high blood pressure, hormonal problems and much else rather than improve your sexual performance.
As such, you might want to try out natural sexual performance enhancers like Male Extra that have health benefits beyond just those of improving your sexual performance and that offer health benefits.